Jeffrey B. Tevis
Jeff has been practicing law since 1975 and is an experienced securities, business, and technology lawyer.
Prior to forming his current practice in 2002, he was Senior Vice-President, Director of Compliance and NASD Registered Principal at The Geneva Companies, an Orange County Mergers and Acquisitions firm and Citigroup subsidiary. Previously, Jeff was Special Counsel to Titchell, Maltzman, Mark & Ohleyer, San Francisco. Jeff has also been General Counsel of a San Francisco Bay Area Broker-Dealer and Investment Advisor; a Santa Clara SaaS Provider; an Orange County Publicly-Held Telecommunications Company; and a Los Angeles Venture Capital firm. He was a Senior Business Analyst with the Federal National Mortgage Association in Washington, D.C. Earlier in his career, Jeff represented OTC oil and gas exploration companies, real estate syndication firms and broker-dealers in Denver, Colorado. Jeff began his career as an Antitrust Litigation Attorney in the Bureau of Competition, Federal Trade Commission in Washington, D.C.
Bar Admissions and Organizations
- California 1991
- Colorado 1980
- District of Columbia 1976
- Maryland 1975
- Financial Institutions Regulatory Authority, Arbitrator, 2002
- American Arbitration Association, Arbitrator, 1986
- Orange County Bar Association – Business & Corporate Law; Intellectual Property & Technology Law Sections
- Orange County Intellectual Property Law Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of Orange County
- TiE SoCal (The Indus Entrepreneurs)
- Southern California Mediation Association
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- California Society of CPAs, Orange County, Long Beach Chapters
- CFA Society of Los Angeles
- Institute of Internal Auditors, Los Angeles, Orange County Chapters
- Financial Executives Institute, Los Angeles, Orange County Chapters
- National Investor Relations Institute, Orange County Chapter
- Society of Corporate Secretaries & Governance Personnel, Los Angeles
- University of California, Irvine, The Paul Merage School of Business
- Orange County Bar Association, Corporate Counsel, and Business Law
- California State University, Fullerton, Annual Conference on Corporate
Reporting and Governance
- Institute of Management Accountants, Los Angeles, Orange County Chapters
- The CPA Journal, “An Accountant’s Guide To The SEC’s New Insider Trading Regulations” Vol. 63, 1993 (co-author).
- Corporate Board, “Insider Trading Dangers” Vol. 13, 1992 (co-author).
- Financial Planning on Wall Street, “See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil” (Stockbrokers and Insider Trading) Vol. 2, 1992 (co-author).
- The Institutional Real Estate Letter, “The Real Estate Exchange, 1993-2003” Vol. 4, 1992 (co-author)
- Asset-Backed Securities: Secondary Market Implications of SEC Rule 144A and Regulation S, 23 Pacific Law Journal 135 (1991); citations
On a Personal Note...
Raised in the Washington, DC, area Jeff is a longtime Redskins fan. An aficionado of Brazilian jazz, he enjoys trout fishing in Montana, diving off Cozumel. He follows international politics and news and likes to work out.
- LL.M. Technology Law; Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2020, University of Southern California School of Law
- LL.M. Securities Regulation, 1991, Georgetown University Law Center
- J.D., with honor, 1975, University of Maryland School of Law;
Maryland Law Review, Staff Member 1973-1974
Note, Employment Testing and Back Pay, 34 Maryland Law Review 383 (1974)
- M.L.A. University of Chicago (CAND)
- M.A. Political Science, 1971, University of Maryland
Member, Pi Sigma Alpha, 1971
- B.A. with honors, Political Science, 1969, University of Maryland
Certificate of Outstanding Scholarship, 1968
- B. A. Spanish, 2010, University of California, Irvine
Member, Sigma Delta Pi, 2008